General Conditions of Entry
General Conditions of Entry
In these conditions the following definitions shall apply:
- "Agreement" – the agreement between you and London Marathon Events Limited comprised of the Event Conditions and these Conditions of Entry;
- "DPA" – the Data Protection Act 1998;
- "Event" – the 2020 Vitality London 10,000 organised by London Marathon Events Limited;
- "Event Conditions" – the terms and conditions, in addition to these Conditions of Entry, provided to you by London Marathon Events Limited in respect of the Event from time to time;
- "Event Date" – the announced date of the Event;
- "Event Details" – the name, image, and event time of each participant
- "Fee" – the fee payable by you (or the charity from whom you obtained the entry) to London Marathon Events Limited in consideration of your participation in the Event, as specified in the Event Conditions;
- "we", "us", "our", "London Marathon" – means London Marathon Events Limited;
- "Officials" – any event officials as appointed by London Marathon Events Limited from time to time;
- "Partners" – any sponsor, suppliers, licensees or partners of the event from time to time;
- "Personal Data" – shall have the meaning given to it in the DPA;
- "Rules" – the laws, rules, and regulations of British Athletics and any other relevant governing body;
- "you" "your" – the entrant to the Event or, where you are signing as a parent or guardian for a child aged under 18 for whom you are responsible, your child;
- By submitting your application you are agreeing to enter into the Event and also agree to abide by these Conditions of Entry, the Event Conditions and any instructions given to you by the organisers and officials of the Event.
2. EVENT SAFETY
- At all times during the Event you must adhere to all instructions given by the London Marathon Events Limited.
- Participation in the Event is personal to you; you are strictly prohibited from swapping, selling or transferring or offering to sell, swap or transfer the place in the Event or allowing any other person to wear the Event number.
- You are not permitted to use the following items in the Event:-
- any wheeled device (subject to Condition 2.5);
- any artificial aid;
- any pets or animals; or
- any other item that could potentially cause danger or risk of danger to you or third parties.
- You warrant to us that you will be on the Event Date, sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in the Event unaided and in accordance with the Agreement. If you are in any doubt we recommend that you seek medical advice.
3. EVENT EJECTION
- Participants may be banned from all future events organised by London Marathon Events Limited for a period of up to five years if they falsify their run data or use the run data of any third party:
CANCELLATION BY YOU
- Once entered, fees are non-refundable if you decide not to take part in the Event for any reason.
4. CANCELLATION BY US
- We may cancel the Event if circumstances beyond our reasonable control arise, including, without limitation, war, epidemic, civil or political unrest, terrorism or inclement weather conditions. We may also cancel your entry if you have obtained it through a third party (such as a club, sponsor or charity) and:-
- the third party is no longer entitled to that entry; or
- the third party informs us that they no longer wish for you to have the entry.
- In such circumstances:-
- We will, if practicable, provide written notice of cancellation to the address we hold for you. In the event that written notice is not practicable due to the timescales involved we will use reasonable endeavours to provide other suitable methods of notice including, email, mobile phone, text message, television and radio broadcasts; and
- you will receive a refund of the Fee if it was you that paid it unless you at the time choose another option that we provide (eg deferment)
- In the event of cancellation of the Event or your entry we will have no responsibility for any costs incurred as a result of cancellation including any travel or accommodation costs
5. DATA PROTECTION
- B) You agree that any audio, visual, or audio-visual recordings that you make of the Event or any part of it are for personal use only and cannot be used for any commercial purpose.
- For the purposes of this Condition 6, personal information includes medical data collected for health and safety purposes ("Personal Information").
- You agree that the Personal Information relating to you can be stored, used by us and our Event partners in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of the Event.
- You agree that the Personal Information relating to you may be anonymised and the anonymised data may be used by us and our Event partners in connection with the compilation of statistical information.
- You agree that your name, image and contact details can be used by us and our Event partners for the purposes of:-
- the promotion and marketing of the Event;
- adding you to a mailing list to keep you informed about any future events and services which we believe you might be interested in, such as leisure activities relating to either similar types of events or activities;
- promotional and marketing material in respect of similar events, other community-based activities organised by our Event Partners, (together the "Marketing Information").
- If you would not like us or our Event partners to use the Marketing Information or Personal Information other than for purposes related to your participation in the Event, please email us. You may also withdraw your consent by ticking the appropriate box on your application form.
6. CHANGES TO THE EVENT
- We reserve the right to make any amendment to the Event that we deem necessary to stage the Event. Any change to the Event will be communicated to you at the Event or sooner if practicable.
7. USE OF IMAGE
- With your agreement, your participation in the Event may be televised, filmed and/or otherwise recorded and photographs may be taken all of which may capture your participation in the Event. You agree to the publication of such photographs, filming, recording and broadcasts and their use by us and those authorised by us in any way which we may see fit now or in the future including but not limited to film, broadcast, radio, TV, publications and publicity.
- Any audio, visual, or audio-visual recordings that you make of the Event or any part of it are for personal use only and cannot be used for any commercial purpose.
- In no event shall we be liable to you whether for breach of contract, any tortious act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with the Agreement for any:
- loss or damage;
- loss of profit;
- loss of reputation;
- loss of business, revenue or goodwill;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- pledges made on your behalf or by you to charity; or
- consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage:
- (a) would arise in the ordinary course of events;
- (b) is reasonably foreseeable; or
- (c) is in the contemplation of the parties, or otherwise.
- If there is a conflict or inconsistency between any provision contained in the body of these Conditions of Entry and any provision contained in the Event Conditions, except where provided to the contrary in the latter, the Event Conditions prevail to the extent of the conflict or inconsistency.
- The Agreement shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If any provision of the Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, the validity of the remainder shall not be affected.
- The Agreement does not create, confer or purport to confer any benefit or right enforceable by any person not party to it.
- Any breach of this Agreement shall render your entry void. If you are found to be in breach of this Agreement we reserve the right to exclude you from participation in future Events.